Wednesday, March 30

Ok. Let's Do This!

As I mention below, I've decided to start blogging and today I decided I was going to attempt my first 'real' post. Now, I know that I have random thoughts/experiences throughout the day that could just spew onto paper (my screen?) in the form of a blog post, but everything seemed to be about me bitching and/or complaining. As I ran through the ideas in my head, I looked at my pretty pretty page that I so carefully took the time to set up so it was juuuuust right and represented ME and I wasn't sure where to go from here.

As I usually do when I have a random question/comment/inquiry throughout the work day, I instant messaged one of the people who know me best, Rads. (Mind you, he was the first person who I told that I was starting a blog and who also immediately responded with, "about what?" to which I replied, "I dunno, me, I guess." We went back and forth on this until we ultimately had to drop the subject because he wanted a purpose and I just wanted encouragement and you know how that man v. woman thing goes.) So, I tell him that I wanted to do my first blog post today, but everything that I think about writing about seems to be me bitching about something and I wanted this page to be {inspirational} and lovely. His reply, "well, if the shoe fits ..."

I'm sure he didn't mean his response to be so helpful, since he was ultimately telling me that I am that sarcastic (albeit funny?) person, but I took it to mean that I can write about whatever the hell I want to write about, since this whole idea is supposed to be about me anyways. So, I'm sitting here, trying to decide on my FIRST AMAZING BLOG POST TOPIC, and all I can think about is this damn blister on my left heel from my amazinggg new CK pearlized peep-toe shoes in lychee that I purchased from DSW last week. 


Mind you, I may have literally purchased these beauties on the day of the {Spring Equinox} when the weather in Michigan was a balmy 55 degrees and now it is back down to a brutal 34. BUT, I wore them today because I was going on a date this evening with my beautiful, and newly preggo, girl friend, T. T and I go out for vino (and several chocolate cake shots) once a month and catch up on gossip and the like (which, I will say I was bummed that I was going to be drinking for the 3 of us now, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do). T went to design school, is always pulled together, and quite frankly, I dressed up for her today. I woke up early, did my hair, and put thought into my work outfit, since I was going to be pulling off the happy-hour-after-working-for-the-man-in-corporate-America look this evening. Plus, I really do heart these shoes and knew I was going to have to break them in since patent leather is a bitch.

I made it through the work day, which consisted of walking down to the local Starbucks this morning and down to the food court for lunch ... and that was about as far as I could make it in these puppies. The blister took over and even with the band-aid, I was a cripple. Not only that, I became that girl that looks like she does not know how to walk in heels; clodding around like a fool; and there is simply nothing worse. Girls of this nature receive an immediate look of disdain. What's worse, is after I hobbled back to my desk from lunch, I received a text from T saying that she had to reschedule our date due to a work function. All my efforts were for naught. Hair. Make-up. Clothes. And heels. Wasted.

BUT. I will now share with you one thing that I truly do {LOVE}. My Ugg scalloped mocs that I keep under my desk for these emergency situations. They are a little piece of heaven. AND they have a hard sole so you can wear them outdoors ... which is how I plan to shuffle out of here today and hit up the drug store on the way home to pick up some band-aids.

So, there. This is my first 'real' post. It ended up being about shoes, but my comfort was my {inspiration} for this post today and they are truly something that I love and want to share. Bonus: my bitching to Rads about my self-inflicted blister receives little sympathy, if anything. Luckily, I now have you, blogworld. xo

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I love your shoes. You are a brave soul to rock a pair of open-toes before April 1. I'm glad that you aren't also fighting frostbite along with your blister.
    Second, since I moved south and began working from home, I've put heels on 3 TIMES TOTAL. At first I was like "look at me, I don't have to dress up!" but now I miss it. Maybe I'll put some on today, just to make sure my feet still bend in that direction. You've officially inspired me. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates