Thursday, March 31

I'm Annoyed That I'm Annoyed

I know you know what I'm referring to. It's that thing that happened that you know you shouldn't care about, but the thought/action keeps replaying over and over and over in your head. And you can tell yourself that it is stupid/dumb/asinine, but it doesn't matter. It's in your head because it bothers you and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

I tell my particular example to Rads during today's IM chat:

Rads [11:46 AM]:
  and this isn't affecting your life at all
Hollyywood [11:46 AM]:
  i know, but i hate that i think about it
Rads [11:46 AM]:
  blog about it
Hollyywood [11:46 AM]:
  lol
Rads [11:46 AM]:
  you know that's going to be my standard response

And so I shall. 

This incident happened last night via Facebook (of course) when I received a notification that someone had commented on a photo of me. Now this person in question and I are no longer friends. She is friends with my ex, and while I had removed her from my newsfeed, I did not drop her as a friend. Why you ask? I didn't feel it was necessary. She and I never had any beef, but I certainly didn't need to know about all the outings/inside jokes/whereabouts of my former crew, so I decided to remove it from being IN MY FACE in my newsfeed, but keep her as a 'friend' for stalking privileges (you know what I'm talking about). Well, I go and check this photo and her comment is 'please delete', asking her brother to remove the picture from his photo album. I then go to her page and see that we are, in fact, no longer 'friends'. Ok, fine. I get it. People choose sides. She and I will in all likelihood never see each other again, so WHY THE HELL DO I CARE?? I keep telling myself that I don't. But this damn scenario keeps replaying in my head. 

SO my inspirational focus for today is {friendship}. In addition to Rads telling me to 'blog about it', he also told me to get over it and that she is a racist from Howell. (Which, to all you non-Michiganders, is the KKK capital of MI.) And she truly is. This did help. Buttt, I needed a bit more affirmation so I told the same story to my girl, AK:

AK [11:45 AM]:
  what a stupid bitch
  honestly
  i would kick her
Hollyywood [11:48 AM]:
  haha
  thank you
  i hate that it bothers me
  and i'm not even sure that she thought i'd see it
  i'm not friends with her bro
  or her
  but i still got the notification since i was tagged
AK [11:50 AM]:
  she's a whore
  she looks 40
  and sucks
Hollyywood [11:52 AM]:
  siiiiiiiiiiigh
  i'm annoyed that i'm annoyed
 
And there you have it, folks. THAT is true friendship. xo

1 comment:

 

blogger templates